Wednesday, March 24, 2010


A big thank you to all who found and followed me on the last Friday follow. It was lots of fun and I found some great new blogs to read.

The days have been warmer here so I have been outside in search of things to use in some organic resin pieces. Maybe it comes from being indoors all winter but I am feeling really inspired to use lots of organic materials in all of my creations lately.
I now have a nice selection of moss and tree lichen for some backgrounds. Maybe in another couple of weeks there will be some nice flower petals to add to the mix.

Maybe I should do a how to post this summer for those unfamiliar with resin technique. It is so much fun to take a bit of nature and preserve it for years of enjoyment.
For now I am still sanding up some Maple branch. I also have some Cherry, and some Cedar wood to work with. The maple is turning out to be wonderful for pendant tiles. I can't wait to see how the cherry turns out.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rose,

    You've just received the "Beautiful Blogger Award"! To find out about it, visit my blog: http://jewelsbytrish.blogspot.com

    Just copy and paste the award badge from my blog to yours, then list 7 things about yourself & pass it on to 7 other people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings. Found your site on Friday Follow. I really like your resin pieces. Are they difficult to make? I do quilts, counted cross stitch and knitting. Now that I have 3 grandchildren, there is more purpose in my crafts...someone to make things for. Love to be creative, as I see you are.

    Come see me on Steadfast. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Headchange, I am so interested in learning about the resin technique. I so wanted to make one. I ahve lots or pressed botanicals I wanted encased.

    ReplyDelete